How to Hack a Home Router
In this tutorial "How to Randomly Hack a Home Routers", we are going to show you how to use port scanner to identify home routers (and even office routers :p) and after that we will try to log in to those routers
In the world most of users doesn't change there router's default password because most of them only know how to use without know how to configure the router itself. So that's the point. We can use that vulnerability to hack the routers.
Port Scanner (I use zenmap in this tutorial)
Web Browser (I use Google Chrome)
First of all I want to tell you why I use Zenmap because Nmap is the best friend of hackers and Zenmap is the graphical user interface of nmap.
Step by Step How to Randomly Hack a Home Routers
1. We should select an IP range. I have selected IP range that includes my public IP address.
2. Now let's scan for home routers.
3. nmap -T4 -A -v (As Seen Above Picture)
When you finished your scan, You can find IP addresses which has open ports such as http port(80), ftp port(21) and telnet port(23).
I have found many IP addesses with port 80 is opened.
So I stopped my scan.
4. Now you can access these addesses using your web browser because http port is opened and we need to find whether the web page is router log in page.
5. Now let's try to access these IP addresses using default logins we just got on step 4.
Default username and passwords are not same for every routers.
With username : admin and password : admin, we can log in to the router administration page
Attacker can do several harmful things when they can access router page, such as:
Redirecting DNS to malicious websites
Because most of users doesn't change their router passwords. It's a very bad habit because hackers can access your router form anyplace through internet when you are online and It is very harmful to you. So you must change your home router's password. Keep it on your mind.